Re: [HACKERS] bug in 7.0

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] bug in 7.0
Date: 2000-02-28 16:11:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com> writes:
> This is probably related to Lockhart's changes to allow
> not null/not deferrable to work (foreign key stuff).

Yeah, we need a better answer for NOT DEFERRABLE. Thomas just did a
quick & dirty kluge to allow testing of foreign keys, but as you see
it's broken a number of other things...

I still like the idea of turning NOT NULL into a single token before
it gets to the grammar, but Thomas was dissatisfied with that plan.