Re: Slow select times on select with xpath

From: astro77 <astro_coder(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow select times on select with xpath
Date: 2009-09-21 19:51:56
Lists: pgsql-performance

As a follow-up, when I try to create the index like this...

CREATE INDEX concurrently
idx_object_nodeid2
ON
object
USING
btree(
xpath('/a:root/a:Identification/b:ObjectId/text()', serialized_object,
ARRAY
[
ARRAY['a', 'http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/Objects'],
ARRAY['b', 'http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/Security']
])
) ;

The index begins to build but fails after about 90 seconds with this error:

ERROR: could not identify a comparison function for type xml
SQL state: 42883