Re: Fix initdb for path with whitespace and at char

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Nikhil Deshpande <nikhail(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix initdb for path with whitespace and at char
Date: 2014-04-30 18:18:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com> writes:
> I committed the non-invasive fixes to backbranches (and master too, just
> to keep it in sync), but the attached is what I came up with for master.

The malloc's in the new system.c file should be pg_malloc, or else have
custom defenses against out-of-memory (possibly returning ENOMEM to
the caller would be best?). Also, it seems like a good idea to save and
restore errno across the ending free() calls. I don't know if Windows'
version of free() can change errno, but we've definitely found that to
be possible on other platforms.

Looks good otherwise.