Re: [CORE] Egad, what a lot of spammage

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] Egad, what a lot of spammage
Date: 2008-01-16 17:26:03
Lists: pgsql-www

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Without the gateway, we'd end up with two separate on-line communities
>> for Postgres. Doesn't sound like a good idea.

> I doubt that there is a significant number of users on usenet for
> PostgreSQL.

You're very mistaken, sir. I know because I routinely get email from
people who are using usenet to read the lists. (I can tell because
instead of a cc: to the list, there's a Newsgroup: header. It's fairly
obvious to me because when I reply, I find I have to create a cc:
manually.) One example of a fairly well-known contributor who does it
that way is the guy who posts as Andrew @ Supernews ... you want to cut
him off?