Re: BUG #2326: Problems Upgrading from 8.0.2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dan B(dot)" <thedanburke(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2326: Problems Upgrading from 8.0.2
Date: 2006-03-17 05:36:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Dan B." <thedanburke(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> I'm trying to restore a database dumpall from postgres 8.0.2 to an 8.1.3
> installation on the same machine but have encountered an error which has
> resulted in some views not being recreated.
> " psql:backuptoday.bak:5182: ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table
> "language" "

You can reload that view by turning on add_missing_from first.
Re-dumping it will show it in the correct format with an additional
FROM entry.

Note: it seems highly likely to me that that view doesn't do what it's
supposed to anyway, and that you ought to change it. What you've got
there is a partially constrained 3-way join using two scans of the
language table ... is that what you meant? But if you want to reload it
with the same behavior it has now, add_missing_from is your friend.