Re: Re: Call for platforms

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mark Knox <segfault(at)hardline(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Call for platforms
Date: 2001-03-30 04:58:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mark Knox <segfault(at)hardline(dot)org> writes:
> Well, this patch seems to produce attlens of 6 as desired, but it
> causes many (13) of the regression tests to fail. Do you want to see
> the regression.diffs?
>>
>> Please.

> See attached.

Does look pretty broken, but I don't see how my idea would have led to
all this other stuff failing. Anyway, I guess the path of least
resistance is to install your ARM-specific packing patch. It's
important to make sure that sizeof(ItemPointerData) is 6 if at all
possible, since it will cost you four or so wasted bytes in every
tuple header if it's not. Will take care of it for RC2.