Order By Date Question

From: BlackMage <dsd7872(at)uncw(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Order By Date Question
Date: 2009-09-08 13:29:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a question about ordering by date. I have a table with two fields and
some date

Name(character varying) | Event_Date(timestamp with timezone)
A | 2009-09-10 5:30:00
B | 2009-09-10- 00:00:00
C | 2009-09-11 17:30:00
D | 2009-09-11 07:30:00

I want to order by date and then by name, so I want the result A,B,C,D. The
problem is when I do a 'SELECT * FROM table_name ORDER BY Event_Date, DESC',
it includes the actual time (HH:MM:SS) so the order comes out B,A,D,C.

So what I am asking is how do I order only by the date? YYYY-MM-DD?