Re: sudo-like behavior

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Agent M <agentm(at)themactionfaction(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sudo-like behavior
Date: 2006-04-21 02:44:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Agent M <agentm(at)themactionfaction(dot)com> writes:
> I really haven't provided enough details- my fault. What I want to
> accomplish is a general-purpose timer facility for postgresql.

I'm not really sure why you think it'd be a good idea for such a thing
to operate as an unprivileged user that gets around its lack of
privilege by storing copies of everyone else's passwords. I can think
of several reasonable ways to design the privilege handling for a
cron-like facility, but giving it cleartext copies of everyone's
passwords is not one of them.