Re: snapper and skink and fairywren (oh my!)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net, robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: snapper and skink and fairywren (oh my!)
Date: 2022-01-27 04:07:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I'm not sure why walsender of the standby continued running not knowing the primary has been once dead for such a long time.

Isn't this precisely the problem that made us revert the "graceful
disconnection" patch [1]? Munro seems to have a theory about
why that broke things, but in any case it's not Haas' fault ;-)

regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA%2BhUKG%2BOeoETZQ%3DQw5Ub5h3tmwQhBmDA%3DnuNO3KG%3DzWfUypFAw%40mail.gmail.com