Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Ron <rjpeace(at)earthlink(dot)net>, Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks
Date: 2009-01-11 20:59:58
Lists: pgsql-performance

--- On Sun, 11/1/09, Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> They also told me we could never lose power in the hosting
> center
> because it was so wonder and redundant and that I was
> wasting my time.

We'll that's just plain silly, at the very least there's always going to be some breakers / fuzes in between the power and the machines.

In fact in our building there's quite a few breaker points between our comms room on the 3rd floor and the ups / generator in the basement. It's a crappy implementation actually.