Re: BUG #4869: No proper initialization of OpenSSL-Engine in libpq

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Lars Kanis <kanis(at)comcard(dot)de>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #4869: No proper initialization of OpenSSL-Engine in libpq
Date: 2009-06-22 17:41:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Lars Kanis wrote:
>> Maybe version 2 (my initial patch) could be an alternative ?

> Well, based on the "we don't know which different versions of openssl
> it'll break with", version 2 is no better than version 3 :(

Yeah, if we do anything I think it should be more like #3.

I think all or most back releases of openssl are available from
openssl.org. If someone had time to do a test compile of the proposed
patch against all of 'em (or at least all the ones we still claim to
support), it would salve my worries at least a bit. I'm not sure if
that's a big task or not, though.