Re: BUG #3089: View/Table Creation/Ownership Bug

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Andrew White" <whitea(at)imsweb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3089: View/Table Creation/Ownership Bug
Date: 2007-03-01 16:21:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Andrew White" <whitea(at)imsweb(dot)com> writes:
> I came across an interesting issue regarding views and ownership that I
> think may be a bug in PG. I am using PG 8.2.3 on SuSE Linux.

AFAICS this is behaving as intended, because you did not grant select on
the underlying table to the owner of the view. Relation references in
a view are supposed to be checked according to the view owner's
permissions. This did not always work right pre-8.2, see
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-04/msg01138.php