setting the role with the URL connection string

From: "JUNG, Christian" <christian(dot)jung(at)saarstahl(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: setting the role with the URL connection string
Date: 2009-07-30 11:20:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I'd like to set the role with the connection string. A similar request was posted in 2005 by Roland Walter:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2005-12/msg00092.php

Are there any concerns about this feature? If not, I'd like to implement it. :-)

This would be very useful for non-opensource applications to apply our security policies.

bye
Chris

--
phone: +49 6898/10-4987