Re: General Question

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: Steve Henry <steve(at)actorissoftware(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: General Question
Date: 2005-07-05 00:45:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Jul 1, 2005, at 6:20 PM, Steve Henry wrote:

> I am currently exploring SQL engine options for a project we are
> planning for the Macintosh OS X platform. Someone told me that
> PostgresSQL is available for OS X.
>
> Can anyone confirm, or point me in the right direction?

Yes, PostgreSQL is excellent on OS X. You can install Apple's
developer tools and compile it yourself or use one of the pre-
compiled distributions. Here are a couple of choices:

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsqlformac/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bruno.gaufier/xhtml/downloads.xhtml

John DeSoi, Ph.D.