Re: BUG #9186: CONTEXT log line still appears when turned off

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: mduyunov(at)avito(dot)ru, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #9186: CONTEXT log line still appears when turned off
Date: 2014-04-19 15:22:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Can anyone comment on this? I am able reproduce this in head, and the
> behavior does look odd. I am able to see the error by just doing:
> SET log_min_error_statement = notice;
> in a session before calling the functions; I didn't need to modify
> postgresql.conf. I am not sure even where to start in debugging this.

That's because it's not a bug. The CONTEXT is attached to the NOTICE
lines. log_min_error_statement has got nothing whatsoever to do with
the verbosity of individual log entries, so there is no way to use it
to "turn off CONTEXT lines".

There might be a feature request in here somewhere, but it's not
a bug.