Re: localization problem (and solution)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Manuel Sugawara <masm(at)fciencias(dot)unam(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: localization problem (and solution)
Date: 2005-12-20 04:32:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Manuel Sugawara <masm(at)fciencias(dot)unam(dot)mx> writes:
> Some fprintf's around the regex code shows that someone is changing
> the localization parameters by those found in the enviroment, at least
> for the LC_CTYPE and LC_COLLATE categories, and plperl seems to be the
> culprit.

Indeed. Please file a bug with the Perl people asking what right
libperl has to fool with the localization environment of its host
application.

(Your proposed fix seems entirely useless ... maybe we could fix it
by resetting the LC_FOO variables after every call to libperl, but
I bet that would break libperl instead.)