Re: [HACKERS] Last call for docs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Postgres Documentation List <docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Last call for docs
Date: 1999-05-20 13:26:44
Lists: pgsql-docs

Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> writes:
>> Finally, the plain-text FAQ_CVS document is now sadly behind
>> cvs.sgml, and needs to be updated.

> istm that there is not need for a flat file FAQ_CVS, and that our web
> site and our html and hardcopy docs can do a better job of showing
> that info.

That works for me ... *except* that last I checked the website's
CVS page was the flat-file version. If you can update the website
from the SGML version then please do so; otherwise I still want to
update the flat file so that the webpage can be updated.

> I had started cvs.sgml from FAQ_CVS, adding some info about
> CVSup culled from mailing list messages. Not done yet, but if FAQ_CVS
> has not been updated recently it is bound to be more complete since
> afaik FAQ_CVS did not even mention CVSup.

Precisely; the flat file looks not to have been touched since I made
the original version last summer. You and Marc have put a lot of
good stuff into the SGML version, but none of those updates are
visible on the website.