Re: database vacuum

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: NH Lau <nhlau2k(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: database vacuum
Date: 2004-09-07 03:46:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

NH Lau <nhlau2k(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> I would like to know
> whether we should vacuum the template1 and template0
> database as well, in addition to the normal database
> we created.

template0 no --- in fact you wouldn't even be able to connect to it to
do so (and I do not recommend overriding the check that prevents that).

template1 yes. You could skip this if you know that template1 has never
been modified since it was frozen ... but why assume that?

The vacuumdb script gets this right btw.