Re: pg_stat_ssl additions

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: LouPicciano(at)comcast(dot)net, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, bruce(at)momjian(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_stat_ssl additions
Date: 2019-01-28 13:53:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 28/01/2019 09:14, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> 0002:
>
> The test 54-56 of 001_ssltest.pl failed, which succeeded before
> applying 0002. Seems to need to use another user.
>
> # Failed test 'pg_stat_ssl view without client certificate: no stderr'
> # at t/001_ssltests.pl line 313.
> # got: 'psql: SSL error: certificate verify failed
> # FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "127.0.0.1", user "ssltestuser", database "trustdb", SSL off
> # '
>
> If this is not specific to my environment, the connevcion string
> at line 313 of 001_ssltests.pl needs sslrootcert setting (, which
> is feeded to test_connect_ok/fails() via $connstr, not via
> $common_connstr).

This is strange. The tests work for me, and also on the cfbot. The
pg_hba.conf method is "trust", and there is nothing that should make it
do certificate verification for this test. Do you have have any PGSSL*
environment variables set perhaps? An interesting OpenSSL version or
configuration perhaps?