Re: Problems with 7.3.1

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr
Cc: pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems with 7.3.1
Date: 2002-12-27 16:34:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Olivier PRENANT <ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr> writes:
> I tried postgresql 7.3 and 7.3.1 and they both fail regressin when
> creating plpgsql language. However, when installed, createlang plpgsql
> template1 work like a charm.

Interesting. Would you try another test: now that you've completed the
installation, does "make check" work? I am wondering if "make check"
was picking up the wrong version of plpgsql.so, ie, the one from your
pre-7.3 installation. (I'm not very clear on how a wrong version of
plpgsql.so would result in the particular failure you observed, but this
is the only theory I can think of right now...)