Re: database does not exist in system catalog

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Kathi Arthur" <karthur(at)coloradomtn(dot)edu>
Cc: "Len Morgan" <len-morgan(at)crcom(dot)net>, "PostgreSQL General Listserv" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: database does not exist in system catalog
Date: 2001-08-06 21:44:38
Lists: pgsql-general

"Kathi Arthur" <karthur(at)coloradomtn(dot)edu> writes:
> When I'm connected to template1, \l only shows template1. In the "base" su=
> bdirectory, I do have the template1 subdir as well as the bullprod subdir w=
> ith all the schemas I want.

Perhaps you should explain exactly what you did to get into this state.
I have a nasty feeling that you tried something like copying the
$PGDATA/base/bullprod subtree out of one database installation and into
another one. That isn't going to work --- the main problem being that
the transaction status info (pg_log) didn't come with it.

BTW, what Postgres version are you running? I can tell already that
it's not 7.1, but I'm wondering just how old it is...