Re: Error with DefineSavepoint:Unexpected state STARTED

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Computer Study <computerstudy2010(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error with DefineSavepoint:Unexpected state STARTED
Date: 2017-06-20 01:43:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Computer Study <computerstudy2010(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I am working on a project of DB migration from Oracle to Postgres. The
> application is working well with Oracle. But when switch to Postgres, some
> SQL executionss couldn't finish and got an error like:

> FATAL: DefineSavepoint: unexpected state STARTED
> STATEMENT: SAVEPOINT_per_query_svp;DEALLOCATE
> "_PLAN04824560";RELEASE_per_query_SVP_

Well, that's pretty interesting, but you haven't provided nearly enough
information for anyone else to reproduce the problem. (No, a snippet of
C++ that depends on undescribed subroutines and uncertain context doesn't
do it.)

Perhaps you could turn on log_statement = all and capture the SQL that's
actually being sent to the server by this program?

Also, what version of Postgres is this exactly?

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems