Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...

From: s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net (S(dot) L(dot))
To: jason(at)tishler(dot)net (Jason Tishler), peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net (Peter Eisentraut), and_k_98(at)yahoo(dot)com (Andrew Klimov), pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...
Date: 2003-02-03 07:40:01
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Jason,

[...]
> HKCU\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\heap_chunk_in_mb
>
>doesn't seem to help. :,(
[...]

Dunno if it's a real hint (I still don't have a 7.3 distro available, yet), but:
1. In my previous experiences with interfaces/libpgtcl and pl/tcl I had to comment out the Tcl_CreateChannelHandler and Tcl_DeleteChannelHandler in pgtclId.c from interfaces/libpgtcl. And pgtcl.dll worked.
2. Actually pltcl.c didn't need this "patch", but as I've verified now, there are pltcl_[*]_handler functins that can rely on the two functions above, that are not (or are defective) present in libtcl.

SLao