Re: 8.4 win32 shared memory patch

From: "Kevin Field" <kevinjamesfield(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.4 win32 shared memory patch
Date: 2009-07-31 17:29:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > %t LOG: received fast shutdown request
> > %t LOG: aborting any active transactions
> > %t LOG: autovacuum launcher shutting down
> > %t LOG: shutting down
> > %t LOG: database system is shut down
> >
> > That's the entire file. Attempting to start the service, I
> > almost
> > immediately get an error 1067, the process terminated
> > unexpectedly.
>
> If there is nothing in the logfile (make sure you're looking at
> the
> correct one - it may have created a new one), check the Windows
> Eventlog. That's where we'll put data if the issues show up
> before we
> have started the logger.

The event viewer says:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( PostgreSQL ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event: pg_ctl: could not find postgres
program executable

And yes, I renamed it correctly...