Re: Problem with TOAST column corruption

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with TOAST column corruption
Date: 2001-12-27 15:26:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have a /data directory from someone running 7.1.3 and they are seeing
> data corruption on a table using TOAST columns.

What is the complete schema of the table? Could we see a dump of the
entire tuple not just the parts that the system thinks are toasted
fields?

Neither value looks plausible at all as a toasted datum, so I am
wondering if there is corruption of earlier columns in the row,
leading to an alignment problem (ie, length of some earlier varlena
item was misdetermined).