Re: recovery test failures on hoverfly

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Subject: Re: recovery test failures on hoverfly
Date: 2021-06-12 19:15:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> writes:
>>> This is the same problem as c757a3da and 6d41dd0, where we write a
>>> query to a pipe but the kill, causing a failure, makes the test fail
>>> with a SIGPIPE in IPC::Run as a query is sent down to a pipe.

After checking the git logs, I realized that this failure is actually
new since 11e9caff8: before that, poll_query_until passed the query
on the command line not stdin, so it wasn't vulnerable to SIGPIPE.
So that explains why we only recently started to see this.

The fix I proposed seems to work fine in all branches, so I went
ahead and pushed it.