Re: How could I find the last modified procedure in the database?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How could I find the last modified procedure in the database?
Date: 2011-11-17 00:02:11
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net> writes:
> Dhimant Patel <drp4kri(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> I also created several procedures/functions and now I don't remember the last
>> procedure I worked on! - I thought I could always get this from metadata.
>> Now I'm stuck - couldn't find this details anywhere in catalog tables!
>> Is there anyway I can get this information?

> Maybe with this query:
> select proname from pg_proc order by oid desc limit 1;
> but i'm not really sure ... tias (try it and see)

The OIDs would tell you the creation order, but they don't change during
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION; so depending on what the OP means by "worked
on", this query might not be very useful to him.

I'd try looking to see which row in pg_proc has the latest xmin.
Unfortunately you can't "ORDER BY xmin" ...