Re: Including kerberos realm

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Including kerberos realm
Date: 2009-01-02 15:20:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Not that this affects me in any way, but should there be a GUC variable
>> to set the default behavior system-wide?

> I thought about that, but I don't want to add extra gucs without a good
> reason. You'd typically not have very many different lines in pg_hba for
> this, and just duplicating the parameter there would be ok I think.

> I'd rather move more of the krb parameters to be *just* in pg_hba.conf,
> but for now I left those in postgresql.conf as fallbacks..

If you think those parameters would make more sense in pg_hba.conf,
let's just move them and be done with it. There has never been any
intention that administrator-only GUCs would be promised compatible
across versions. And the GUC mechanism is really rather a lot of
overhead compared to options on a pg_hba line ...