Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?

From: Mikkel Høgh <mikkel(at)hoegh(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?
Date: 2008-10-13 03:57:26
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Hi there,

I've been toying with using PostgreSQL for some of my Drupal sites for
some time, and after his session at OpenSourceDays in Copenhagen last
weekend, Magnus Hagander told me that there a quite a few in the
PostgreSQL community using Drupal.

I have been testing it a bit performance-wise, and the numbers are
worrying. In my test, MySQL (using InnoDB) had a 40% lead in
performance, but I'm unsure whether this is indicative for PostgreSQL
performance in general or perhaps a misconfiguration on my part.

In any case, if anyone has any tips, input, etc. on how best to
configure PostgreSQL for Drupal, or can find a way to poke holes in my
analysis, I would love to hear your insights :)

The performance test results can be found on my blog: http://mikkel.hoegh.org/blog/2008/drupal_database_performance_mysql_and_postgresql_compared
--
Kind regards,

Mikkel Høgh <mikkel(at)hoegh(dot)org>