Re: createdb buggy?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: wsheldah(at)lexmark(dot)com
Cc: "zammon(at)libero(dot)it" <zammon(at)libero(dot)it>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: createdb buggy?
Date: 2001-09-06 15:56:42
Lists: pgsql-general

wsheldah(at)lexmark(dot)com writes:
> You also might want to upgrade to 7.1.3 or so
> if possible; a lot has changed since 6.5.3.

Indeed. I get

$ psql THISDB
psql: FATAL 1: Database "THISDB" does not exist in the system catalog.

so recent versions of psql don't do the bogus case adjustment.

I believe we agreed awhile back that names typed on the Unix command
line should always be taken literally, not case-folded as they would
normally be within SQL commands. I'm not sure that we have fixed every
single script and program to adhere to that convention, but that's the
current plan.