Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Rename pg_regress option --multibyte to --encoding

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Rename pg_regress option --multibyte to --encoding
Date: 2011-04-15 15:18:00
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> Rename pg_regress option --multibyte to --encoding
> Also refactor things a little bit so that the same methods for setting
> test locale and encoding can be used everywhere.

The buildfarm shows that this patch fails on Windows --- the
contrib/unaccent regression test is getting run in SQL_ASCII encoding
rather than the UTF8 encoding it's supposed to have. It looks like
the reason is that fetchRegressOpts in vcregress.pl is only looking
for REGRESS_OPTS in the Makefile, and what you've done requires it
to have a great deal more knowledge than that. I'm not sure what the
least painful fix is, but maybe we should reconsider the idea of not
using REGRESS_OPTS there.