Re: BUG #5343: Documentation error for pg_dump

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Rob Dean" <rob(dot)dean(at)pressassociation(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5343: Documentation error for pg_dump
Date: 2010-02-23 17:31:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Rob Dean" <rob(dot)dean(at)pressassociation(dot)com> writes:
> The information on reordering at restore time is surely completely
> contradictory between the two. The 8.4 documentation is the same.

Actually, on looking closer, I think the original author meant to draw a
distinction between "database objects" and table data items. It was
certainly confusing though, since it was not stated explicitly that the
former didn't include the latter, and that's not what someone would
expect if they weren't deeply immersed in the guts of pg_dump. I've
rephrased it.