Re: ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stefan Schwarzer <stefan(dot)schwarzer(at)unep(dot)org>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist
Date: 2012-07-05 14:51:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Stefan Schwarzer <stefan(dot)schwarzer(at)unep(dot)org> writes:
> Ahh. Indeed, no "tablefunc" schema in there.

If the textual value of search_path (as per "show search_path") lists
the schema but current_schemas() doesn't, I have to think that you've
got a permissions problem --- the system will silently ignore any
search_path entries for which you don't have USAGE permission.
You said you'd done a GRANT but I think you must've fat-fingered it
somehow ...