Re: Re: 9.5 / Re: base_yylex undefined in src/interface/ecpg/preproc/parser.c

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Дилян Палаузов <dilyan(dot)palauzov(at)aegee(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: 9.5 / Re: base_yylex undefined in src/interface/ecpg/preproc/parser.c
Date: 2016-12-11 22:18:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

=?UTF-8?B?0JTQuNC70Y/QvSDQn9Cw0LvQsNGD0LfQvtCy?= <dilyan(dot)palauzov(at)aegee(dot)org> writes:
> On 12/11/2016 09:50 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I wondered about that --- but the code is rather different in 9.5,
>> and I'm hesitant to try to fix it blind. Where can I find the version
>> of flex you're using?

> here: https://github.com/westes/flex

Thanks. After some experimentation, HEAD now seems fine with
development-tip flex, but in our back branches I see symbol-redefinition
warnings in the main parser and ecpg, along with the link failure you
showed in ecpg. I believe the reason those warnings aren't there in
HEAD/9.6 is commit 72b1e3a21, which undid our ancient hack of compiling
the scanner files as part of the grammar files.

What I'm inclined to do to make this better is to back-patch 72b1e3a21
along with today's fix. We've had enough buildfarm and field testing
now to be pretty confident that that change didn't break anything,
and these results show that our old hacks aren't going to survive
contact with newer versions of flex.