Re: gitmaster access

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org, horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gitmaster access
Date: 2022-05-12 02:40:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 08:59:26PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 09:04:38AM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>>> The last line should be "ssh://git(at)gitmaster(dot)postgresql(dot)org/postgresql.git"?

> I assume the URL list at:
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=summary
> is for non-committers.

Yeah, I agree with that. If we advertise the gitmaster address here,
the primary result will be that we get a lot of complaints from random
people complaining that they can't access it. A secondary result
is likely to be an increase in attacks against that server.

The onboarding process for new committers should include explaining
about the separate master repo and how they can access it, but that
is absolutely not something we should advertise widely.