Re: Open items

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <eulerto(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open items
Date: 2005-07-01 02:58:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Euler Taveira de Oliveira <eulerto(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br> writes:
>> I think that moving rtree_gist, reindexdb, and/or userlock into core
>> would have to happen before feature freeze,
> [snip]

> Are you think in putting reindex at core? I was about to submit a
> replacement of it but if it goes to bin/scripts (for example) I can
> rearrange the patch. Could I?

The redefinition of REINDEX DATABASE is already in. A direct
replacement for reindexdb would basically need to apply this across
all DBs in the cluster, which is definitely a job for bin/scripts.
I was speculating that maybe it'd make more sense to handle it as
an option to vacuumdb or clusterdb instead of a whole new program,
but it's up to you if you're doing the work.