Re: BUG #15553: "ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 2" with a function the first time it run.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jm(dot)lessard(at)contactft(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15553: "ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 2" with a function the first time it run.
Date: 2018-12-14 20:26:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

=?utf-8?q?PG_Bug_reporting_form?= <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> I got an "ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 2" when a function is run for
> the first time in a session.

That certainly looks like a bug, but I can't replicate it from the
given instructions.

The function seems to expect that the current schema contains some
foreign key constraints, which it doesn't when I just follow your
script exactly. However, even if I add a few more tables with
foreign-key relationships, all seems well.

Please provide a complete script that will reproduce the problem
starting from an empty database. Also, have you got any extensions
loaded, or any unusual configuration settings?