Re: rint() replacement

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: rint() replacement
Date: 2003-05-09 02:34:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> In working on an rint() for Win32, I found two --- one in
> port/qnx4/rint.c and another in dt_common.c. The first is very simple,
> using fmod, while the second is very complicated.

Not to mention desperately hardware-specific. The dt_common.c routine
is a rip from utils/adt/float.c, which has absolutely no business being
where it is --- it might have some claim to live in a Sun-specific
backend/port/ file, but it is not general by any stretch of the
imagination. (And I think we gave up supporting SunOS awhile back
anyway.)

I can't believe that Windoze does not offer rint(); it's in the C99
standard. Have you checked?