Re: create table permissions bug for 7.3.2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Evgeny Duzhakow <diabolo(at)philol(dot)msu(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: create table permissions bug for 7.3.2
Date: 2003-03-13 05:55:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Evgeny Duzhakow <diabolo(at)philol(dot)msu(dot)ru> writes:
> I have found a bug in version 7.3.2.
> At creation of tables the user not having grants on it can create the table
> in database. (For temporary tables all works normally).

Oh?

regression=# create user z;
CREATE USER
regression=# create schema s;
CREATE SCHEMA
regression=# \c - z
You are now connected as new user z.
regression=> create table s.t (f1 int);
ERROR: s: permission denied
regression=>

I'm not seeing the problem. Please provide a test case showing that
there's a bug here.

Your patch is wrong in any case, I think, since CREATE rights on a
database control the right to create schemas, not individual tables
within schemas ...