Re: Recent 027_streaming_regress.pl hangs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Recent 027_streaming_regress.pl hangs
Date: 2024-03-14 20:56:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 7:00 AM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Could it be that the timeout (360 sec?) is just not enough for the test
>> under the current (changed due to switch to meson) conditions?

> But you're right that under meson the test takes a lot longer, I guess
> due to increased concurrency:

What it seems to be is highly variable. Looking at calliphoridae's
last half dozen successful runs, I see reported times for
027_stream_regress anywhere from 183 to 704 seconds. I wonder what
else is happening on that machine. Also, this is probably not
helping anything:

'extra_config' => {
'fsync = on'

I would suggest turning that off and raising wait_timeout a good
deal, and then we'll see if calliphoridae gets any more stable.