Re: pgsql: git_topo_order script, to match up commits across branches.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: git_topo_order script, to match up commits across branches.
Date: 2010-09-24 19:32:45
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> git_topo_order script, to match up commits across branches.
> This script is intended to substitute for cvs2cl in generating release
> notes and scrutinizing what got back-patched to which branches.

BTW ... I don't especially care for the name you picked for this script.
The fact that it does a topological sort is an implementation detail
that its users couldn't care less about, especially since that doesn't
matter except for corner cases. How about "collate_git_log" or
something along that line?