Re: HEADS UP: Win32/OS2/BeOS native ports

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Igor Kovalenko" <Igor(dot)Kovalenko(at)motorola(dot)com>
Cc: "mlw" <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HEADS UP: Win32/OS2/BeOS native ports
Date: 2002-05-05 00:08:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have just committed changes to create a platform-independent internal
API for semaphores, along the lines discussed yesterday.

At this point, the Darwin (Mac OS X), BeOS, and QNX4 ports are probably
broken. I will fix the Darwin port (probably not till tomorrow though);
volunteers to clean up the BeOS and QNX4 ports are needed.

BTW, there is a quick hack attempt at a POSIX-semaphore-based
implementation in src/backend/port/posix_sema.c. I have not tested
this yet, but expect to do so as part of fixing the Darwin port.