Re: Formatting of warning about using ident

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Formatting of warning about using ident
Date: 2019-07-22 14:09:31
Lists: pgsql-docs

Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> In general, I would argue in favor of fewer "note", "warning", etc.
> Some documentation pages are now just a sequence of "note"s and little
> proper text. If the normal text properly explains a topic and its pros
> and cons, then we don't need all that extra decoration and it makes the
> text easier to read.

+1. With the way these things are rendered in the current HTML output,
they are so visually distracting that they ought to be reserved for
absolutely critical info. I almost feel that we should ban <note>
entirely, because the rendering is completely disproportional to the
meaning.

(Or, maybe, somebody could tinker with the stylesheets?)