Re: Windows installation service

From: aftertaf <David(dot)Wooffindin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows installation service
Date: 2009-05-13 13:52:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm having 'service' issues too:

Windows XP SP3
user account used for service is not a member of admin group.

Errors starting service, but dbengine is started and available.
If i try to stop/start with the pgctl batch files created during install,
same type of problem...

PC had 8.2-5.1 installed originally, I upgraded it to 8.3-6 (without
stopping or removing the 8.2 service)

I have since removed the 8.2 installation and deleted the 8.2 folder from
Program Files, and also have changed the environment variables (that aren't
updated automatically.....)

I think I can 'fix' by removing completely and reinstalling fresh, but i'd
like to know how to not have to do this...