Re: pgsql: Clean up after TAP tests in oid2name and vacuumlo.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Clean up after TAP tests in oid2name and vacuumlo.
Date: 2018-09-04 17:41:53
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> writes:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 02:52:07PM +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Oversights in commits 1aaf532de and bfea331a5. Unlike the case for
>> traditional-style REGRESS tests, pgxs.mk doesn't have any builtin support
>> for TAP tests, so it doesn't realize it should remove tmp_check/.
>> Maybe we should build some actual pgxs infrastructure for TAP tests ...
>> but for the moment, just remove explicitly.

> Thanks for fixing this. I think that there is an argument for just
> moving the cleanup of $(pg_regress_clean_files) in pgxs.mk out of the
> REGRESS portion instead? I see little need for new infrastructure
> here.

It's really accidental that $(pg_regress_clean_files) happens to be a
superset of what the TAP tests need to have cleaned; we shouldn't build
that assumption in further.

If we're gonna do anything here, I think it'd be better to invent some new
symbol like HAVE_TAP_TESTS for calling Makefiles to define, then move all
the support into pgxs.mk, including the prove_[install]check rules.