Re: Uber moving towards MySQL

From: Robert Bernier <robert7390(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Uber moving towards MySQL
Date: 2016-07-28 13:24:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Folks,

https://ayende.com/blog/175137/re-why-uber-engineering-switched-from-postgres-to-mysql

This is getting serious; two popularized articles on hacker news now slamming postgres.

I've read and caught up on our mailthread regarding the technical issues.

Although no way near as knowledgeable as many of you regarding the inner workings of MySQL, let alone postgres, I do however recognize navel gazing when I see it. The first article starting this thread was a convoluted justification of one's own religion. This second article is pure commercial leveraging of a thread that's garnered a lot of attention.

It's time a response from the postgres community was forthcoming.

--
Robert Bernier
robert7390(at)comcast(dot)net