Re: 20220722-pg_dump: error: invalid number of parents 0 for table

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Techsupport <techsupport(at)sardonyx(dot)in>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 20220722-pg_dump: error: invalid number of parents 0 for table
Date: 2022-07-23 15:33:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On 7/23/22 07:54, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 7/22/22 21:27, Techsupport wrote:
>> Thanks for your reply Adrian Klaver,
>>
>> Yes, I have the tablespace. It is not located in the default data
>> directory.
>> It is comes under new directory
>
> Please expand on this:
>
> 1) Did it change location when you moved the data directory?
>
> 2) If so where was it previously and where is it now?

Where I am going with this:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/manage-ag-tablespaces.html

"PostgreSQL makes use of symbolic links to simplify the implementation
of tablespaces. This means that tablespaces can be used only on systems
that support symbolic links.

The directory $PGDATA/pg_tblspc contains symbolic links that point to
each of the non-built-in tablespaces defined in the cluster. Although
not recommended, it is possible to adjust the tablespace layout by hand
by redefining these links. Under no circumstances perform this operation
while the server is running. Note that in PostgreSQL 9.1 and earlier you
will also need to update the pg_tablespace catalog with the new
locations. (If you do not, pg_dump will continue to output the old
tablespace locations.)"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com