Re: [INTERFACES] Three posts and no response 8--(

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Daren Sefcik <daren(at)partnersdata(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Three posts and no response 8--(
Date: 1999-07-13 15:55:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Daren Sefcik <daren(at)partnersdata(dot)com> writes:
> I am basically just untarring the archive, doing a configure --with-odbc
> and then make, make install.
> I do not get any fatal errors, everything completes and installs fine
> and postgresql works fine as well.

Do the regression tests pass?

> Should I be doing it different???
> I get the feeling I need to add a switch to a makefile or edit my
> environment path or something but am
> not sure what.

The eventual patch will be a change/addition in src/Makefile.shlib,
in the section for your platform (solaris_sparc). I am guessing that
we might need to add a line like
SHLIB_LINK += -lc
but at this stage that's no more than a guess. If that doesn't help,
you could look at the sections for the other platforms and see if you
see any switches that are mentioned in your system's documentation about
shared libs (try "man ld" if you have no other idea where to find it).

After editing Makefile.shlib, you can just go into src/interfaces/odbc
and do "make clean", "make", "make install" --- it shouldn't be
necessary to rebuild all of Postgres.

regards, tom lane