Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: Ryan Lambert <ryan(at)rustprooflabs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE
Date: 2019-03-16 20:55:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net> writes:
> A patch for your issue is currently registered in the 2019-03 commitfest[1].

Oh! I apologize for saying nobody was working on this issue.

Taking a very quick look at your patch, though, I dunno --- it seems like
it adds a boatload of new assumptions about libxml's data structures and
error-reporting behavior. I'm sure it works for you, but will it work
across a wide range of libxml versions?

What do you think of the idea I just posted about parsing off the DOCTYPE
thing for ourselves, and not letting libxml see it?