modules missing from Application Stack Wizard?

From: Kasia Tuszynska <ktuszynska(at)esri(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: modules missing from Application Stack Wizard?
Date: 2009-07-08 22:11:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Postgres Hackers,

We have begun testing Postgres 8.4 on windows, beginning with the installer. We have noticed that several additional modules which are usually installed through the Application Stack Wizard are missing from the list of available modules like PostGIS or the developer options. Are those available through some other option or an additional installation?

Currently we are running on Postgres 8.3.0, and both the Application Stack Wizard ( for PostGIS) as well as the developer options ( include files, library files, tools and utilities) were available on the "Installation Options" dialog, than the installer received a face lift and any additional module was available through the Application Stack Wizard. For PostgreSQL 8.4 those options are missing, all I can see to be available are :
Add-ons, tools and utilities
EnterpriseDB MySQL Migration Wizard
EnterpriseDB pgPhoneHome for Apple iPhone
EnterpriseDB Tuning Wizard for PostgreSQL
Database Drivers
Npgsql
pgJDBC
PgOleDB
psqlJDBC
psqlODBC
Web Applications
Drupal
mediaWiki
phpBB
phpWiki
Web Development
ApachePHP
phpPgAdmin
Ruby on Rails

Is there some place else from which I need to install PostGIS or the developer options?
Thank you,
Sincerely,
Kasia